Emerging Energy & Innovation
You are here
Technology Analysis & Planning
- Market assessment
- Pathway to deployment
- Stepwise technical validation
- Independent cash flow modelling
- Support accessing funding
GLJ is working to unlock hydrogen’s potential as a prominent source of clean energy in the future global power mix. We are furthering our research into applications that will fuel the global demand for clean hydrogen, and putting significant resources into understanding the science and engineering required for various production methods.
Current H2 Advisory Topics:
- Hydrogen 101 Briefings – How Hydrogen Energy Works
- Underground Hydrogen Storage
- Canada’s Hydrogen Potential
- Countries Leading the Hydrogen Market
- Hydrogen Production Methodologies
- Fuel Cell Technology and Applications
- National and Global Hydrogen Market Assessments
- Briefing on National Hydrogen Strategies
- Engineering and Development of Electrolysers
- Commercial Evaluation of Hydrogen Production Projects
Our suite of services supports the implementation and evaluation of geothermal heat and power. We assist both operators and external stakeholders such as regulators and investors by providing independent analyses and expertise including, but not limited to:
- Prospect generation
- Geothermal exploration
- Geological studies
- Well testing
- Deliverability calculations
- Reservoir modelling and simulation
- Geothermal resource assessment
- Field development planning
- Cash flow and economic modelling
- Market assessment
Helium is a valuable resource with a finite supply. This lighter than air element has many practical uses due to its unique properties, and it will continue to be in demand for years to come.
We have evaluated reservoirs across North America where the primary revenue stream is helium rather than hydrocarbons. These projects rely on much of the same engineering and geological expertise needed for the evaluation of a conventional hydrocarbon gas reservoir.
Carbon Capture Use & Storage
CO2 injection is a well established method of improving oil recovery, especially with aging oil reservoirs. We have advised on CO2 enhanced oil recovery (EOR) and sequestration projects for clients around the world, putting undesirable emissions to use increasing overall reservoir yields.
Biomass & Biofuels
The Government of Canada’s Clean Fuel Standard, coming in 2022, will create opportunities for the Canadian Biomass and Biofuel industry. We understand that access to capital is becoming increasingly difficult in Canada; our extensive and market leading reserves evaluation experience in oil sands mining and upgrading projects can be applied to the Biomass and Biofuels industry to build trusted third party evaluations in a format already familiar to lenders and investors.
If you are interested in hearing more about who we are, what we do and how we can help – we’d love to chat more.