- Data Analytics
- About Us
- Pricing Forecast
- Contact Us
Reservoir Engineering Analyses
Optimal Reservoir Solutions
GLJ`s reservoir specialists provide comprehensive solutions to reservoir problems and development opportunities.
GLJ wealth of experience encompasses all types of reservoirs including conventional and unconventional tight/shale reservoir and fluid types including oil, gas and heavy oil/bitumen in essentially all of the world's significant petroleum producing basins.
Experienced reservoir engineers draw on our geophysical, petrophysical and geological expertise as appropriate within the scope of each project.
Our Reservoir Services include:
- Production and deliverability forecasting
- Pressure transient analysis and reservoir simulation
- Production optimization
- Enhanced recovery performance analysis/optimization
- Gas storage reservoir analysis
Reservoir Simulation Studies
GLJ provides expert engineering services in the areas of reservoir simulation and pressure transient analysis using sophisticated, best-in-class third party software packages. Our simulation team provides stand-alone reservoir simulation and flow modeling and also acts as a support group within larger evaluation teams to address complex reservoir problems.
GLJ has conducted a wide range of full field three-dimensional reservoir simulation studies for a variety of purposes including:
- Reservoir performance prediction and estimation of recoverable volumes
- Selection of optimal well drilling locations
- Optimization of enhanced oil recovery projects
- Understanding reservoir depletion mechanisms
- Determination of reservoir fluid migration
- Analysis of gas storage operations
- Optimal development strategy involving horizontal, multifrac wells in tight formations
Well test analyses for complex, high-impact wells can be conducted by GLJ using three-dimensional reservoir simulation software to generate numerical solutions. Unlike programs based on analytical solutions, simulation rigorously handles multiphase flow and other reservoir complexities.
GLJ also employs other third party software tools to aid in the analysis and interpretation of reservoir flow characteristics via pressure transient analysis and modern production analysis.
Enhanced Recovery Potential Studies
GLJ has extensive expertise in the evaluation of enhanced recovery projects.
Enhanced recovery studies are performed to determine the expected recovery of an existing project or the potential/optimal recoveries associated with modifying or implementing alternative enhanced recovery projects.
Reliable enhanced recovery studies require a detailed understanding of reservoir and fluid properties. GLJ's reservoir engineers work closely with our geosciences team to address petrophysical properties, geological areal mapping, reservoir layering, continuity and horizontal and vertical sweep efficiencies.
Detailed simulations may be prepared by GLJ or analytical studies may undertaken to assess the reasonableness of existing simulation studies.
GLJ has analysed a broad range of enhanced recovery projects including:
- Water floods - horizontal pattern and peripheral, and vertical
- Hydrocarbon miscible floods - vertical and horizontal
- Carbon dioxide floods - miscible and immiscible
- Gas cycling
- Steam assisted gravity drainage
- Cyclic steam projects