- Data Analytics
- About Us
- Pricing Forecast
- Contact Us
Geophysical & Geological
Geosciences - Fundamental to Reliable Solutions
Consistently accurate and reliable solutions to petroleum resource problems require a solid fundamental understanding of the extent, thickness, discontinuities and physical properties of the reservoir in question. GLJ’s knowledgeable geophysicists, geologists and petrophysicists have the experience, skills and software to develop the most accurate possible reservoir picture.
This core group of professionals provides stand-alone geosciences interpretations and also acts as a resource within GLJ interdisciplinary teams providing solutions to complex resource exploitation problems.
Our geophysicists have over 30 years of experience in seismic acquisition, processing and interpretation in over 50 countries worldwide. GLJ geophysicists work closely with our geologists and engineers to generate a three-dimensional reservoir picture, and its structural and volumetric configuration. Maps are commonly used in support of our reserves evaluations and resource appraisals. A key element of GLJ’s geophysical analyses is quantifying and communicating the risk and uncertainties associated with final interpretations.
Geophysical services include:
- Seismic processing / reprocessing
- Creation and inclusion of seismic synthetics
- Well log calibration to seismic data
- Integrated 2D / multiple 3D interpretation
- Advanced 3D visualization
- Complex structural mapping
- Seismic attribute analysis
- Seismic stratigraphy
- Audits of seismic interpretations prepared by others
GLJ’s geological team provides in-depth petrophysical and geological services either as stand-alone projects or in support of reserves/resources technical studies or evaluations.
GLJ’s senior geologists have over 20 years experience in development and exploration geology, with studies conducted in over 56 basins located in 38 countries. Geological services include:
- Petrophysical studies
- Regional geological studies
- Geological mapping including complex faulted and unconventional tight/shale reservoirs
- Exploration prospect analysis
- Basin resource potential studies
- Geostatistical modeling